Not to sound really consumerist, but i’ve been wanting some of these things for years, as most of them would make my life a lot easier. I would appreciate any suggestions, both for products and places where i could look. The items are listed in order of greatest to least desire.
- A small, lightweight compass (no more than 1.5″ in diameter) that opens and closes like a pocket watch. A pocket watch with a built-in compass (as in, 12 o’clock would indicate North, and there would be a compass needle hovering over the hour, minute, and second needles) would make my life.
- A leak-proof stainless steel mug that doesn’t come with a cup (like a thermos might) but has some kind of attached but partially removable cover (like a flip-top cap, i guess) for the top so that when i put it in my bag, the top won’t get dirtied. I don’t want a thermos cos those are too heavy, and i always thought the whole cup/lid thing was unsanitary.
- A stainless steel mug with an analog thermometer, an AC power plug (not a 12-volt power plug for cars), and at least an 18 oz. capacity.
I currently have this one, and it’s really nifty, but i’d like one with a larger capacity and an AC power plug.
And i need both mugs to have a handle, be easy to drink from, and be relatively easy to clean (it doesn’t have to be dishwasher-safe). A stainless steel top would be great as well. Plastic tops stain so easily…
- A good quality analog thermometer-barometer-hygrometer that isn’t ridiculously expensive (preferably under $60)
- A tape measure made of fabric (although i could make this one myself…)
- A medium-sized tray (approx. 8″ x 12″) made of unfinished dark wood, like this table of Heidi‘s, but maybe a little darker:
- A small, oval mirror (approx. 5″ x 7″) that can stand both vertically and horizontally (like a photo frame, but not with a cardboard backing) and has a white or ivory metalwork border. I can settle for vertical only.